Founding Backend Engineer
Software is eating the world. Every business in the world is being transformed into a software business, and we are on a mission to create a next generation technology platform for these businesses and their DevOps teams to go through that transformation. Our platform is slated to disrupt and transform a multi-billion enterprise software segment.
We are passionate about building revolutionary products that will be the game changers and
make our customers super happy. We are in stealth mode until we launch, so more will be disclosed in person. Headquartered in San Francisco, our offices are accessible by Bart and Caltrans. We offer competitive salaries, generous stock options, great benefits and a chance to be part of something big and exciting!
Funded by a “unicorn” CEO whose company is now valued at 1.9 Billion!
We are looking to build a kickass founding engineering team. We want people to join our team who are excited about the problems we’re solving and who want to join a growing team with responsibilities that have real potential to expand quickly and dramatically over time.
Why this is a unique opportunity:
- As a Founding Backend Engineer, work side by side with the founder in defining the architecture and building a large scalable platform.
- Decision making input into how to design and build a transformative product from the ground up.
- End to end ownership of your projects.
- Fast paced delivery of features and design.
- Transparent style of leadership.
- Strong culture of collaboration and meaningful discussions – no wasted time in endless meetings!
- Funded by one the “great” and very successful leaders in enterprise software.
What you will be doing:
- Great opportunity to be a founding engineer to help define the architecture and build a
- large, scalable platform.
- Build and deploy backend for our platform.
- Design backend cloud and middleware architecture.
- Implement software design best practices, such as test-driven development and frequent end-to-end testing
- Design, develop, and maintain backend services with security and performance in mind
- Investigate solutions leading to successful delivery of well structured, easily
- maintainable, and well documented code
- Author and automate test cases and implement comprehensive monitoring
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Experience with Java, Spring, or other modern application frameworks.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Mongo, Couchbase, Redis etc) is a plus.
- Experience with Git or other source code management systems.
- Familiarity with machine learning or natural language processing (NLP).
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet), is a plus.
- Understanding of continuous integration/deployment best practices (Jenkins, build pipelines).
- Experience maintaining and architecting cloud based infrastructure (AWS) is a plus.
- Comfort in working in short, agile, iterative development cycles.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality.
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment.
- S. degree in CS or equivalent with at least 3-5 years of industry experience.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary + substantial equity
- Full medical/dental/vision benefits
- Casual and fun work environment
- Tools and technology to enable your success
- Walking distance to awesome restaurants, in-office weekly lunches and snacks galore
- Easy access to Bart and Caltrans.