PREPARATION FOR WRITING AN EFFECTIVE RESUME
- Writing an effective resume can also help you prepare for interviewing.
- Identify your successes and the impact you had in your roles.
- Identify data that measures your successes or impact when appropriate.
- Think of how you have “added value” in your role.
- As you think of what you’ve accomplished, emphasize how you did your job.
- Develop a list of adjectives and power verbs that “authentically” represent how you add value in your role.
- If necessary, find past performance reviews and refer to them for content for your resume.